Quick Tips to Prevent Expensive Commercial Appliances Repair
When running your business, commercial appliances repair is needed for your appliances to work and function as intended. Many of you probably don’t think of the downtime your appliances can face until a problem occurs.
If you want to avoid these issues and keep yourself safe from headaches and unnecessary expenses, check out the following helpful tips you can keep in mind.
- Inspect for moisture – Make sure that you watch out for condensation buildup or spills in your refrigeration unit. Over time, spills can cause the coils to freeze up that can affect the effectiveness of your fridge and make it break down in the long run.
- Clean the appliance – It may sound like a no-brainer but maintaining the cleanliness of both the exterior and interior of your refrigeration appliances can make a big difference in the overall life of your unit. Slug and debris are very common in refrigerators. Make sure you clean it out on a regular basis to prevent blockage that can cause problems in the future. Keeping your refrigerator clean will not only make the appliance last long as it will also freshen up the smell of the room.
- Clean coils – The condenser and evaporator coils are critical parts of your refrigeration units. You can use a brush and shop vacuum to clean these parts. You have to do this process at least once every three months.
Griddles, Ranges, and Grills
- Inspect grease filters on the overhead exhaust – Accumulation of grease is a common occurrence in overhead exhaust systems. Make it your habit to check these often to ensure that there is no restriction to the airflow. If you notice an excess of grease during the inspection of the exhaust, make sure that you replace the filter right away.
- Clean your grates, flattops, and burners – It is among the more common tasks you should do on your commercial appliances, and for a good reason. Cleaning will not only make your kitchen look better as this will also stop the buildup of grease that can result in equipment failure.
- Check for gas leaks – Make sure you check for any potential gas leaks on the fryer hoses every 4 to 6 weeks. One useful tip you can try during checking is to spray soapy water on the hoses. If you notice bubbles on the hose, it means that a leak needs fixing immediately. Gas leaks also pose safety hazards, so they need to be addressed right away when found.
- Clean combustion fans – Clean out the combustion fans to prevent your fryer unit from breaking down. It should be done at least once every month.
If you will notice, the most common thing that you should do on these commercial appliances is none other than cleaning. Yes, keeping commercial appliances clean can help them last longer. A clean freezer may not need commercial freezer repairs McLean VA in the same way that a clean walk-in cooler won’t require unplanned repairs. Always keep your commercial appliance units clean to enjoy long years of service.